Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day One Hundred and Sixty-Six


The morning was full of drawing, drawing, and more drawing....and then a good dose of creative play. I kept an ear out on their adventures as I made my way through the last few pages of my book for book club. Steinbeck. Coffee. Giggling kids.

We didn't start school until 9:30. Now, I used to feel like a failure if I "let this happen". I'm now to the point in my homeschooling journey where I can say, "Let them go for it and I won't interrupt today...we have time in our day for all that needs to be done...even if we start 'late'." I can't do that every day, but I certainly did today.

Cheers to happy Tuesdays.

Oh, and also...it was really sunny today. That helped. After our schoolwork was finished, they took on the backyard. We checked on the newly sprouted peas, sighed at what the squirrels had dug up, and soaked in the rays.

1 comment:

  1. Danged squirrels! Glad you've found the freedom to start "school" late. Sometimes, life IS school:)

    ReplyDelete