Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day Seventeen


Today was one of "those days"...at least one of "those mornings" for me. I was feeling down, feeling doubtful, feeling like I needed to get away. The two younger kids were fighting a lot. I think that it all started out with one VERY grouchy toddler. It was hard to stay positive. We managed to get all our work done, but it was just hard.

However, after talking with a sweet sister who somehow has a way of putting things into perspective for me, I felt better. Thank God for encouragement from someone who understands.

Tomorrow is a new day. There is grace. And I'm thankful. I wouldn't trade my job for anything.

The day had a good ending...I'm also thankful for that. When we were at the park in the evening during Aidan's soccer practice, the two little brothers played quite nicely and we had a great game of tag, lots of time on the swings, and a few games that Dominic made up. The above picture was a genuine hug in a moment of "hug base tag" (if you hug another person who's playing, you're both unable to be tagged). It was great fun.

1 comment:

  1. A successful day. God be praised, for all He leads us through. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete