Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day Ninety-Seven


New Year's Day.

Ugh.

I spent the night in my bed with a feverish five-year old. I cared for him in any way that I could. I didn't sleep much, but I was glad to be the one who was there for Dominic, the one who was caring for his every need, putting cold rags on his burning forehead, making tea at 3:00 in the morning, and rubbing Vapo-rub on his chest at 4:15. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

The whole family slept in a bit after a long night. JJ spent his night on the couch...by the fire...without interruption. I'm not jealous. Nope. Okay...a little bit.

Morning came and the sun to wake us up. I rose and remembered that it was New Year's Day and Aidan and I had a little race to run. We both ate a piece of toast, had a bit to drink, and drove to Avery Park in Corvallis to join a rather large group of runners to run a 5K.

Aidan and I ran with another family. We walked when we need to. We finished together in 34:43. He said he had a great time running his longest race yet.

Cheers to a new year and a big pot of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment