Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day One Hundred and Thirty-Seven


Today we woke up to snow.

They boys were VERY excited to get outside and play in it. However, we needed to get to our 9:00 swim lessons, so they didn't have much time. Have I told you that they're ALL in swimming lessons right now? They have class at the same time, which leaves me on the sidelines to just watch. It's rather nice.

I told them that we could play in the snow after swimming. However, much to their dismay, the snow was totally melted by 10:00.

I made it up to them by reading a few extra chapters in our current Little House book. We happen to be reading THE LONG WINTER, which tells of the winter of endless blizzards. The boys love these stories. I often stop and think about the reality of what the homesteaders lived through. It makes me feel weak, yet grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment