Monday, February 14, 2011

Day One Hundred and Thirty

Today was a fairly light day of schooling. An old acquaintance came over in the morning, seeking some advice and help. I was glad to be there for her as she's going through some very tough times. Finally, at this point in my journey, I can be the one to say, "I understand" and "I've been there." It was a great time and she brought her boys who are 7 and 8 1/2. They played very well with my older boys. By the time they left, however, it was 1:00. We squeezed in some reading, a bit of math drilling, and then spent the rest of the afternoon making Valentines. We also watched the Charlie Brown Valentine's Day special, which prompted in Aidan the desire to make a Valentine for everyone who might not have gotten one.

Dominic spent a lot of time at the table. He made me several Valentines as well. :)



JJ came home bringing dinner for us all. I was glad to have a break from cooking. The evening ended for the boys with Thai food, ice cream, and a rousing game of Duck, Duck, Goose. Then, the parents had a little time alone.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I would call a real "Heart Day"...hearts that care about others and act on it, loving as we have been loved by the Ultimate Lover.
    Blessings. Mom

    ReplyDelete