Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day One Hundred and Twenty-Eight


Today in math, Dominic and I did some hands-on learning about fractions...which lead to mouths-on learning. We cut a lime into fourths, then eighths. Next, I put one to my lips and sucked all the juice out, trying with all that was within me to make it look like I was enjoying it. My contrived pleasant face worked. The boys all followed suit, though Aidan was the toughest of them all. Simeon threw his section after tasting it, Dominic licked his lime and slid it back across the table to join the other eighths. Aidan ate two or three....just to prove that he could.

My favorite line came from the mouth of Simeon. I told the boys that when I ate my lime, the sour taste made me hurt all the way down my throat.

Simeon: "Yeah, it hurts my feelings."

2 comments:

  1. Laughing, with my mouth watering, trying to dilute that juice, just thinking of the sourness! It does kind of hurt your 'feelings' :)

    ReplyDelete