Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day One Hundred and Seventy-Six through One Hundred and Eighty

Here goes...a few more of our days.

Our neighbor, Louise, took us to the Enchanted Forest. Seriously...THE Oregon amusement park combined with some decent theater, living fairy tales, nursery rhyme, and a good dose of mechanical dolls. It's awesome. The boys had so much fun. I screamed my lungs out going on the roller coaster (it's been a while). It was a great outing and we certainly got the value out of the "unlimited rides" bracelets. Aidan went in the haunted house with me...that was a mistake. I didn't know how scary it was. Enough said.

I'm thankful for great neighbors who have no grandkids to spoil yet...because they spoil my kids. We are blessed.


Simeon LOVES to help me in the kitchen. He woke up early one morning and helped me make scrambled eggs and toast. I love to chatter with him when the other boys aren't in the room. He has a lot to say.



Since the tomatoes don't need them yet, the boys decided to use a tomato cage for...something. I just looked out the window and saw this.


Dominic has been making huge leaps and bounds in math. It's fun to see things click in his mind and watch the lightbulb go on over his head when he understands a concept we've been working on. This was taken this morning, as Simeon was instructing him where to write the "2" in the box". Oh, little brothers.





2 comments:

  1. The tomato cages...you (my kids) used to roll in them. I wouldn't suggest it, though, if they haven't thought of it yet; the next step is standing or sitting on them...not so good for the shape: )

    Love the pic of Simeon; I would like to sit in on a conversation like that one.

    ReplyDelete