Monday, October 25, 2010

Day Thirty-Six


I'm realizing that posting a photo daily is probably not going to work out so well.

So...we'll see how long this "365" blog takes.

That said, today I introduced Dominic to Cuisenaire Rods. We used them for both our math and letter sounds practice, as modeled by THIS BOOK. As an added bonus, he got to build an airplane, alligator, and apple tree. It was a huge success. I'm praying that he continues to be engaged with the hands-on learning I'm trying to lay out for him.

3 comments:

  1. I will miss daily photos but I understand. Just keep posting when you can! Great use of the Cuisenaire Rods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have phrased that differently. When I started out, I had the intention of doing a real 365 project and posting one photo every day of the week for 365 days....thus ending the project on the same day of the year that I began. The weekends are hard though. And some days I just forget.

    At any rate, it will be as close as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must post! I love seeing your creative photos! They give me inspiration.

    ReplyDelete