Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day Fifty-One


In school today, we talked about what it means to be a veteran. We talked about war...and honor.

Though I hate war, we honor our veterans.

We talked about family members and friends who have served or are serving the country by way of the military. It was a good talk. It was a thoughtful talk with lots of questions...some of which I don't have the answers for.

To top it all off, we attended the Veterans Day parade in Albany, OR. I heard at least five times that it's the "LARGEST VETERANS DAY PARADE THIS SIDE OF THE MISSISSIPPI!" The boys really enjoyed it. I have to say, though I've lived here all my life, I have never been to the parade. It was a good experience and I'm sure we'll attend again.

Perhaps I'll write more on my thoughts about it later....if I find the time.

4 comments:

  1. I too HATE war. I just don't disagree with it. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my thoughts are too many for blog conversation...but we can talk more about it later. I had a very thoughtful day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As did I...on this topic. Really turning a corner in the battles (pun intended) between two ways of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. * I meant to say the battles in my own mind *

    ReplyDelete