Friday, November 26, 2010

Day Sixty-Four


Another day off from school!! JJ also had the day off from work and we drove to see Dad and Mom Arthur in Portland. Yes...that's TWO trips to Portland in two days. Had we planned better, we would have stayed the night up there.

We came back in time to bundle up and head to the Christmas parade in downtown Corvallis. The boys loved it. Once again, as I was watching the line of Christmas float pass by, I was reminded that while we'll never have a parade like New York city, we have a great community here. I'm thankful for this town. And I'm thankful for my three little boys...for the joy it brings to me when I watch their excited eyes sparkle at the lights and hoopla of a parade that many deem "hokey".

Cheers to Corvallis!

1 comment:

  1. We went to the parade as well, and it was awesome :) You explained it so well Janine: "...for the joy it brings to me when I watch their excited eyes sparkle at the lights and hoopla of a parade..." Perfection :)

    ReplyDelete