Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day Forty-Four



The question that I probably get the most often from those who are skeptical of homeschooling is this: "What does Simeon do when you're busy with the other boys?"

Well...he joins in and listens for Bible and History, he tags along on every outing and field trip, and he sometimes fills in the blanks when one of the older boys pauses while reciting a poem or a passage of scripture. When Aidan and Dominic are busy coloring or writing, he sometimes asks me to color with him or play our favorite game, "Bears on Squares". And I usually do that.

There are days when he needs more attention. Those are the days I try to stop, take an early break, and read him a book or play a game of chase. He's always nearby and I don't think he feels unloved.

Right now his favorite color is pink and his favorite number is three. He's my baby and life at home wouldn't be the same without my Simeon Paxton, my peace child. I know I'm overprotective of him (sometimes to my fault)...it's really hard not to be at times. But that's for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Samantha is always wanting to do exactly what Alexandra is doing, writing letters, cutting, etc. How wonderful that Simeon is learning at the same time as his brothers! Samantha's favorite number is 2 simply because she can do it with her fingers and she is two.

    ReplyDelete