Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day Eighty-One


I know that some day I'll look back on this picture and get teary-eyed. It's hard to explain why it holds a lot of emotion for me. I won't belabor you with my wandering thoughts of why it's so, but I will share the snapshot nonetheless.

Simeon is still at the stage where I feel comfortable taking a shower with him. We don't do it every day, but this morning he stumped into the kitchen after rolling out of bed, took off his pajamas and said, "Mama, can I pweez take a shower wiff you?"

So we showered. And played peek-a-boo with the shower curtain. He gave me a big hug after we were both dry and said, "I wuv you too." He often hugs me and says that. I guess that means he knows that he's loved.

4 comments:

  1. I read this and got teary eyed! That is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture!!!! Children do hold that special place in a parents heart! Thanks for sharing such a precious moment with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "All that is gold does not glitter..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Mom. Keep that poem where you can read it often. :)

    ReplyDelete