Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day Eighty-Two


First of all, this photo was not from today, it was from Saturday, in fact. And Saturday was the day that we celebrated our 9th anniversary in style.

I wish we could have gotten a picture of us together, but the 50mm lens doesn't really bode well for the "hold it at arms length and snap" type of shot.

At any rate, we had a lovely night on Saturday night AND tonight. We'll start with tonight. The rugrats helped me make a fancy dinner, put on the tablecloth, and light up the house with candles. We feasted and celebrated marriage (and family as well).

Now, I'll rewind to when this picture was taken. On Saturday, JJ took me to dinner at a wonderful restaurant in Portland, we took a walk, and then perused the shelves of Powell's Books for a while. It was splendid. And his gift to me? Did it need to be more than that? No. BUT, he's giving me a day away to myself THIS Saturday.

Now, it's not that I don't love being with my family, but my sweet husband knew just what I needed and is treating me to a day of relaxation...including two books of poetry (Emily Dickinson and Billy Collins), time in a coffee shop, a pedicure AND a massage...and shopping!? I feel so unworthy, and yet so blessed. I've never had a gift like this where I feel so spoiled. I'm not sure what to say, but...

Thank you husband. I love you like no other person in this world.

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! I love this photo-it is a part of you that is beautiful and amazing. Mommies need their little breaks, and you deserve a day off :) Good job JJ in the spoiling section!!

    ReplyDelete