Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day Eighty-Seven


I had promised the boys that we could make a gingerbread house this week. Apparently, I said we could do it today, because both of the older boy just KNEW that we were going to make it on Tuesday. ??? I'm still not sure I said that, but I tried to keep my "promise" nonetheless. In the midst of Christmas cookie-baking and knitting, I hadn't yet made the gingerbread dough, so we bought one of those packaged kits that come with scored sheets of crusty gingerbread (which tastes horrible, by the way) and an assortment of candies to decorate it with. The boys chose a train instead of a house, we bought our own candy decorations, and had a blast. Dominic chose DOTS, Simeon chose M & M's, and Aidan chose Oreo cookies for wheels. Next year I'll go back to making my own gingerbread, but this was still fun.

Cheers to creativity! We have bears on a merry-go-round, coconut snow, "blobs" (DOTS candies also double as funny creatures), creatures reading candy "books", Christmas lights, and bears waiting in lines to hop on the holiday train.

2 comments:

  1. I love how this is all done with a santa hat and a cape! Hoorah for gingerbread houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. The capes have been a staple for years. Aidan's been donning the hat the last few days.

    ReplyDelete